Christine takes students along with Makanaka to explore sights and cultures of incredible cities in Morocco. Students will share Makanaka’s delight as they discover exiting things about Morocco and its rich culture.
Christine presents to K-8th grades. School programs are tailored to the grade level(s) and run from 45-60 minutes followed by a book signing. Her interactive and kid-friendly programs can include:
- Makanaka’s World Story Reading: Multi-media, engaging reading of Adventure in Morocco.
- Passport Morocco: Through crafts, learn more about the sights in Morocco via this interactive session.
- Story Lab: Go behind-the-scenes from idea to design to printed book.
- Masters of Writing: Practical steps on how to become a published author and prevent writer's block
- Question & Answer Time: Students and teachers may ask questions about any of the topics.
What Teachers & Students Are Saying
“My class had a visit from a fantastic author who shared her writing process and read her story to the kiddos. I can honestly say this is the best behaved they have been all year!!! Great job Christine Mapondera-Talley.” -Mrs Chambers, 5th grade teacher
“I wanna go to the North Pole with Makanaka!” - Jake, 3rd grader
“I feel Makanaka’s World is really an excellent way to engage kids and entertain them, while also teaching them some valuable aspects about world geography and different cultures.” - Mrs Oldaker, Librarian
“This story is more epic than Dora the Explorer!” - Brian, 5th grader